students will develop an understanding of the connection between communities and their local resources
students will understand the role of natural resources in settlement, development, economy, identity, and possible collapse of communities.
Social Studies 4
- the pursuit of valuable natural resources has played a key role in changing the land, people, and communities of Canada
Social Studies 5
- natural resources continue to shape the economy and identity of different regions of Canada
- what natural resources are most important to the economy of your community?
- how has technology affected the discovery, extraction, processing, and marketing of selected natural resources?
Social Studies 7
- human responses to particular geographic challenges and opportunities, including climates, landforms, and natural resources
Social Studies 8
- interactions and exchanges of resources, ideas, arts, and culture between and among different civilizations
- how can we act as stewards of our environment?
- the nature of sustainable practices around BC’s resources.
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.