Through a series of activities, students will:
- recognize the role the media plays in upholding the military industrial complex.
- identify militainment, and the societal consequences that arise from such forms of entertainment.-- identify the funding and influence behind forms of militainment.
- recognize the codes, rhetorical tools, and strategies that are employed to justify military spending.
- recognize rhetoric, and the role that rhetoric can play in fostering a culture of fear and the construction of an enemy.
- consider the relationship between rhetoric and societal impressions.