An entry lesson to gender identity that helps students learn how to be a good friend and to develop understanding and respect for people when their name and appearance change. Created by Bryan Gidinski.
Curricular Connections (English Language Arts K-2)
· Language and story can be a source of creativity and joy.
· Stories and other texts help us learn about ourselves and our families.
· Everyone has a unique story to share.
· Through listening and speaking, we connect with others and share our world.
· Use developmentally appropriate reading, listening, and viewing strategies to make meaning
· Engage actively as listeners, viewers, and readers, as appropriate, to develop understanding of self, identity, and community
· Recognize the importance of story in personal, family, and community identity
· Use personal experience and knowledge to connect to stories and other texts to make meaning
· Recognize the structure of story
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.