The students should have fairly good knowledge of WWI. In this activity they are tasked with research 5 war technologies (machine guns, poison gas, submarines, airplanes, and tanks). There are links for websites provided for each technology. As the students are researching they should complete the War Technologies Handout. After the students have done the research and completed the War Technologies Handout they can answer the significance question. I provide a single-point rubric, but you may wish to change it. Please feel free to modify.
World War I
• The students will be able to conduct independent research online
• The students will be able to evaluate how new technologies impacted the fighting in WWI
• Assess the significance of people, places, events, or developments, and compare varying perspectives on their significance at particular times and places, and from group to group (significance)
• Assess how underlying conditions and the actions of individuals or groups influence events, decisions, or developments, and analyze multiple consequences (cause and consequence)
• Communication (acquiring and presenting information)
• Thinking (analyzing and critiquing; questioning and investigating)
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.