Human activities can affect animals—and sometimes jeopardize species that are at risk. The way to protect animals is to teach our youngest students about different species, why they are important, and how our decisions impact them. IFAW's Animals & Us program offers classroom-ready resources suitable for students aged 6-10 that share those messages, while building essential skills in English, Science and Mathematics.
English Language Arts
• Reading comprehension - retrieving and recording information from a non-fiction passage.
• Science - learning why whales and dolphins are mammals, not fish.
• Math - measurement, comparing whales to other objects.
• Reading comprehension - ensuring text makes sense through a
• Writing - write an imaginative narrative.
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.