This is a modified version of the PowerPoint Presentation posted on BCATML's website for its Twitter chat on May 6, 2015. This supplementary document highlights the key elements and steps taken in the 2015 Core French Curriculum redesign process. The presentation is complete with Presenter's notes, which will help highlight many aspects of the new curriculum, including similarities and differences between the 2011 and 2015 Core French curricula.
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.
This PowerPoint presents a history of the Tour de France from its inception, and the challenges that participants face during the entire race. Videos present information about Drafting, Cracking, and the dangers of this intense bicycle race which happens annually in July in France. Students will also see some of the best moments from last year's Tour de France and a 3D rendition of the race route for 2018. Students are presented with pre-viewing questions and will respond to them after the videos.
Grade 9 Curriculum
- Listening and viewing with intent strengthens our understanding and acquisition of French.
- describing cultural aspects of communities
- cultural practices, traditions, and attitudes in various Francophone regions
- Use a growing variety of strategies to increase understanding
- Seek clarification and provide verification of meaning through a variety of strategies
- ask and respond to questions on familiar topics
- describe people, objects, places, and personal interests
- compare and contrast characteristics of people, objects, places, and personal interests
- describe sequences of events
- express opinions on familiar topics