This power point exposes students to some of the more common idiomatic expressions with Avoid and Être in French and helps students to remember them so they can be used spontaneously in the classroom.
Français arts langagiers
Expose students to some of the more commonly useful idiomatic expressions in French (which are quite different than their English counterparts). I have my students pronounce the expressions in French before we look at the pictures that depict their meanings and then explain what the expression means. Students then use their new knowledge to describe each photo speaking ... en français!
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.
This PowerPoint presents a history of the Tour de France from its inception, and the challenges that participants face during the entire race. Videos present information about Drafting, Cracking, and the dangers of this intense bicycle race which happens annually in July in France. Students will also see some of the best moments from last year's Tour de France and a 3D rendition of the race route for 2018. Students are presented with pre-viewing questions and will respond to them after the videos.
Grade 9 Curriculum
- Listening and viewing with intent strengthens our understanding and acquisition of French.
- describing cultural aspects of communities
- cultural practices, traditions, and attitudes in various Francophone regions
- Use a growing variety of strategies to increase understanding
- Seek clarification and provide verification of meaning through a variety of strategies
- ask and respond to questions on familiar topics
- describe people, objects, places, and personal interests
- compare and contrast characteristics of people, objects, places, and personal interests
- describe sequences of events
- express opinions on familiar topics