Students will know…
- Defining characteristics of different Italian-speaking regions.
- The role of different Italian-speaking regions in the development of cultural identity.
- How cultural traditions and practices influence identity.
Students will understand that…
- Listening and viewing with intent strengthens their understanding and acquisition of the Italian language.
- Acquisition of the Italian language provides opportunities to explore their own cultural identity from a new perspective.
- Meaningful conversations develop in a new language when based on topics important to us.
- Stories provide unique ways to interpret and share knowledge, thoughts, and feelings.
- Acquisition of a the Italian language and learning about Italian culture deepens our understanding of our own language and culture and builds community.
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.
Teacher.org's lesson plans are brought to you by teachers who are committed to encouraging conceptual understanding and lifelong learning. These teachers have real life classroom experience and have gone above and beyond to create these lessons. Lessons are organized by subject and grade level. Within each lesson, you will find clear objectives, description of materials needed, a thorough procedure with an opening and a closing, as well as assessments and modifications.