I created this project during my practicum, and adapted it to both French Immersion 8 and Core French 11. A few years later a colleague adapted it for Spanish 10. I'm uploading it to share with others on behalf of my Professional Specialist Association: the BCATML. Please join us! www.bcatml.org
• recognize known French and cognates in new contexts
• listen to and practise pronunciation of the written word
• group new items into categories that are personally meaningful
• continue to record new vocabulary and phrases
• recognize and use common patterns
• adjust the message in order to use known expressions and vocabulary (presentation)
• use word webbing charts, tables, and other graphic organizers to support oral and written expression
• reflect on learning by recording personal goals, successful strategies, and new vocabulary and phrases
• recognize and use common patterns
• listen, view, or read selectively to focus on key information
• tolerate ambiguity of meaning when unable to understand fully
• transfer and adapt known structures to convey meaning in new contexts
• plan ahead for communicative activities by anticipating language and resources needed
• take risks with the language to extend language boundaries
• use a variety of reference materials, including dictionaries, for comprehension and production
• set personal goals in language skills and monitor their progress
• make personal notes to use as a reference for oral and written productions
• actively review common, useful expressions and patterns to refine communication
• self-monitor and correct recurring or significant errors in communication
• negotiate meaning by using questions in French and other techniques for clarification
• summarize information in oral, graphic, and written form
• use dictionaries, grammars, and other reference materials for clarity of comprehension and expression
• seek out and create practice opportunities in and out of the classroom (IDEA: go to a concert, invite someone to perform, or go on a field trip to present a few songs to younger classes, maybe core french 11 students present to Immersion french 8 students)
Multi-week unit (parts can be adapted for a few lessons)
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.
Poverty Reduction Plan Info-graphic and week 4 poverty month resources
This info-graphic, created by the Antipoverty action group of the BCTF Committee for Action on Social Justice, is based on information from the BCTF Poverty and Education Survey. Use the info-graphic to spark conversations in your class or with your colleagues during week four of Antipoverty month in February. The Week 3 resource documents provides additional sources of information and follow up activities.
Lesson plans, videos, fact sheets, etc that allow you to explore poverty and over consumption and 'justice not charity' during the 'giving season' such as Christmas and beyond. Can be adapted for all grades.
This info-graphic, created by the Antipoverty action group of the BCTF Committee for Action on Social Justice, is based on information in the BCTF Poverty and Education Survey. Use the info-graphic to spark conversations in your class or with your colleagues during week three of Antipoverty month in February. The Week 3 resource documents provides additional sources of information and follow up activities.