Skilled community-based facilitators are available around the province to provide accessible and inclusive Violence is Preventable (VIP) programming in local schools. You can request any of the following program components for your community:
o Violence prevention presentations to educate students, teachers, administrators, and parents/caregivers;
o One-on-one support to individual students; and/or
o Group intervention in the school environment.
For more information, contact your local VIP program or contact Andrea Thompson, Children and Youth Services Coordinator at BCSTH, by phone (604.669.6943, ext 229) or email (email@example.com).
The Violence is Preventable (VIP) program is a comprehensive strategy for connecting schools, educators, students and families with Children Who Witness Abuse (CWWA) programs across the province to improve the health and welfare of children and youth impacted by violence. As provincial coordinator of this school-based prevention program, the BC Society of Transition Houses (BCSTH) supports VIP sites to accomplish the following program goals:
• Break the silence of domestic violence by making it safe for children and youth to speak up in schools about their experiences?
• Increase teacher, school staff, parent/caregiver, and student awareness about violence in relationships and its effects on child witnesses?
• Empower participants to become personally involved in community social justice initiatives;
• Motivate students and educators to recognize violence in their everyday lives; and
• Facilitate partnerships between schools and communities in order to respond to the emotional, social, academic, and psychological needs of children and youth exposed to domestic violence.
This license allows you to download and share this resource (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format)
and adapt this resource (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for non-commercial purposes.
You must credit the creator of the resource and and license your new creations under the same license as the original.